Monday 18 April 2016

When You're So Busy With Theatre that you forget to Blog about Theatre stuffs...

Costume assisting (in the small way ai can do it) for Mermaid had been a big project, you all. I knew that it would be, with all of the very detailed and neato costumes they'd need; but, whoa, Nellie, I'm all in! And it's the freakin ' BEST! I'm learning so much about sewing, fitting, creating fancy pants costumes (and actual pants), and I am very grateful. So many of these people have been so gracious with me, explaining things carefully, showing me examples. I'm just very lucky to be sitting in on these master classes. Magz has trusted me, trained me, and put up with me. I adore her even more than before!

Makeup for South Pacific is planned, and, thank the Maker, I have my friends Sammi and Heather helping me. They actually know something about hair! And wigs! And makeup! Team Sham Wow will set that stage on fire with beauty--and I'm not just talking about Luther Billis as Honeybun! But, seriously, Rich will be lovely. Just saying.

The new season was announced for FRC, and they picked JECKYLL & HYDE!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I'm so excited to audition for it! It's the one cast recording I've heard already! And there are more parts for a lady of my age group! Now, if I'm not chosen...

Commence obsessing over audition in 3, 2, ... Oh, who the Hell am I kidding? Obsession started the damn DAY I heard the announcement. I have a plan to go for my dear Jamie's How To Succeed in Business... If they don't think I fit for Jeckyll. And if that doesn't work out, uh....

Now, you know this wouldn't be a true 16 Shows post without a bit of anxiety, would it? OF COURSE NOT! The board also apparently decided on their production teams yesterday...and I've heard nothing.

You know what that means, RIGHT? FREAK OUT THAT THEY HAVE REALIZED THAT I TOTALLY SUCK AND THEY HATE ME AND THEY DON'T EVER WANT ME TO SHOW MY FACE AROUND THE THEATRE, NAY, THE WHOLE COMMUNITY OF BEDDINGTON, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I had to get the nasty fears out somewhere. Stay tuned, my friends, because I didn't even mention my serger love yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment