Monday 11 January 2016

What a RUSH!

Well, folks, opening weekend was FANTASTIC!!! Yes, I made mistakes (but, not a lot, shockingly). Yes, I had butterflies in my stomach the size of Smaug. But, performing this show in front of an audience was so exciting, so emotional, so amazing! 

I won't lie: up until the Thursday before, I was thinking that I probably belonged backstage. That this acting business was just not for me. I was scared, my feet and legs were in such pain that I could hardly walk into the house when I got home.

But, then, AN AUDIENCE. AND THEY CLAPPED AND CHEERED. It hit me--this is why we do it. This is why it's all worth it: all the pain, all the work, all the practice. We do it so that people can see it and have a good time. It was AWESOME. 

Three shows in to the 16 show run, I know I will do this again.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Shannon!! I'm so glad you're having an exciting time and having fun!

    ReplyDelete