Saturday 12 September 2015

The Good, the Bad, and the Fender Bender

I did it!!!! I had my first audition, and I think I did ok! The singing part went well, I think, but the dancing? Meh. I'm no dancer at this point, let me tell you that. Man, when I was a kid and a teenager, I LOVED dancing. I watched the TV show "Fame" and dreamed of going to a school like that. Dancing, singing, acting, all that awesomeness. Then THE ANXIETY took over my life and I stopped doing anything that might draw attention to me. My dreams went to the back burner of a stove in another house in another universe.

But today, I was determined to put all of that behind me. Sorry, Fear, you lose today. Not even the minor fender bender I got into RIGHT BEFORE THE EFFIN' AUDITION was going to stop me (but it did help me temper my panic with shame and disappointed in myself early). And I'm signed up for a Jazz class at the theatre, so hopefully Danielle can help me get my head and feet around it all! I have complete faith in her. In me? Not so much...

I feel sort of in a fog right now. It's the post freak out exhaustion. I hope to snap out of it so I can truly enjoy the experience and show my profound gratitude to all those who helped me get through this and enjoy it! 

Now, I know it will be hard to go about your lives with your fingers crossed for me; but I'd appreciate all the good luck you can send! Man, I want to be in this show!

Now, to focus on learning Victorian hairstyles for Drood!

No comments:

Post a Comment