Friday 28 August 2015

Memorize!

I've been spending some quality time with the song we've chosen for my audition: Nobody's Side, from Chess. Thanks to the good people of Wikipedia, I now know more about that musical than the 80s hit, "One Night In Bangkok". Yes, we've established that I'm a former teen of the 80s (which is a much nicer way to say "I am old"). Also, did you know that the two guys from Abba wrote the music for this show? We loved Abba when I was a kid! Thanks, Mom!

Anyway, back to the song. Right now, my stupid throat is hurting (because of forest fire smoke? Because of fear? Little bit of column A, little bit of column B), so I've just been listening to the song on loop, committing the lyrics and sound to memory. See, my thought is this: memorize the song so completely that I could sing it if I were awoken from a coma. Because THE ANXIETY could cause me to collapse from fear, and the show must go on, right? Psychotic break or not, I AM SINGING THIS SONG ON SEPTEMBER 12. Unfortunately for THE FEAR, THE DESIRE to live and "do things" has grown stronger. Suck on that, FEAR. 

So, that's what's up with that! MEMORIZE!!! Also, Elaine Paige kicks ass. Go, go to the YouTube and enjoy. I wore my hair that way back in the day!

1 comment: