Wednesday 29 July 2015

Sometimes Coffee Ain't Enough

Which is blasphemous for me to say, with my deeply expressed love for coffee well known; but it's true. I'm so tired! Late nights on a movie location wears me out! But, as I read that over, I am reminded of all the times I'd read that in interviews with celebrities (which I am NOT) and thought, "Oh, shut up!" Complaining that the awesome thing has less than awesome parts to it seems totally douchey. So I'll stop the bitching right here.

In driving to and from the locations, I'm spending a lot of quality time listening to the "original cast recording"* of The Mystery of Edwin Drood; and I really love it. Great songs and some unbelievable singers. Our cast is going to be using the tough, super fast part of "Both Sides of the Coin" for a diction exercise (tough as HELL, I tell you); and I want to learn it, too. Solidarity, you know? It's a way for me to feel more a part of things, without the embarrassment of the others hearing me fail! Brilliant! 

*not to be confused with a "soundtrack" for movies and TV and whatnot, from what I hear.

Here it is, so you can listen, too!


Whoa...so far, I have the "la...lalalalala....lala...lala LALA!" part down pat. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment